Law Offices of Jezic & Moyse, LLC.
Maryland Law of Confessions: co-authored by Andrew Jezic
Selected as one of area’s top criminal lawyers in SUPERLAWYERS & the WASHINGTONIAN!
“The leading academic authority on confession law in Maryland is Jezic, Molony, Nolan and Woodward, Maryland Law of Confessions”.
- March 25, 2013, from In re: Darryl P., page 32, written by the Honorable Charles E. Moylan, Jr., judge on the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, and author of several leading criminal law books in Maryland.
Maryland Law of Confessions addresses every conceivable aspect of confessions ever discussed by Maryland appellate courts. Written for prosecutors, defense counsel, and police detectives, this work also covers Maryland appellate courts unique standards regarding involuntariness, the right to silence, and the right to counsel. It also:
- Discusses custody, waiver, invocation, re-interrogation, and surreptitious questioning.
- Outlines underutilized rules pertaining to the Sixth Amendment.
- Reviews the right to silence not directly related to interrogations.
- Discusses ethical considerations for prosecutors.
- Contains practice tips and checklists.
- Provides a thorough discussion of the implications of the Williams opinion on prompt presentment